REVIEW OF SOME OF THE BRAND NEW XXREVOLUTION PRODUCTS

Hello my lovelies!!! 

This weeks new blog post is going to be a review on the new sister brand to Revolution Beauty, XXREVOLUTION. This brand launched on the Revolution Beauty website on the 3rd of June. 


This brand has a slightly higher price point than Revolution but it’s still not at all on the high end side of things. XXREVOLUTION is a make-up infused with skincare brand and when I first saw this on social media, I was so interested to see how the products would work. 

I did not make up all of the products in the collection just because that would have been a lot of money and to be honest, not everything appealed to me and my skin type. They have a wide range of different products in this brand though so definitely check them out for yourselves to see what might take your fancy. 

The XXREVOLUTION products are available on the Revolution Beauty website and exclusively to Boots aswell. On the Boots website, they’re also on a 3 for 2 offer so there’s a little helping hand for you if you’re interested in any of these products. 

The first two products I bought were two of the printers they released. I bought the Hydra Quench bomb which is 70% water and aloe vera. This primer claims to really hydrate your skin as the name suggests. The Hydra Quench bomb has a really nice, fresh smell. The consistency is very jelly like which is so strange, it comes in a nice little pot and I think it looks quite high end with the little water droplets on the lid. I’ve been using this primer for the past week and focused it around the outside of my face and I’ve really been loving it. 


The other primer I bought was the Cloud Complexion Soft Touch Primer. This primer claims to improve the appearance of skin by minimising pores and brightening the complexion. This one also comes in a little pot just like the Hydra Quench bomb. I love the packaging of both of these products, they look so high end. The Cloud Complexion primer does have a more sweet smell and the consistency is almost like candy floss, I’ve never seen anything like this before. I’ve been using this primer in the middle of my face, around my nose and cheeks and where I feel my pores are more visible. Again, I’ve really loved this primer and will definitely continue to use it in my everyday make-up. 

10/10 for both of those primers. And they both retail for £15 each. 


The next product I wanted to try is one of the new foundations. XXREVOLUTION released two foundations, one was more glowy but I opted for the other one just because I can get quite an oily forehead and t zone area sometimes. The foundation I purchased was the Liquid Skin Fauxxdation and it claims to be a full coverage foundation with a silk finish. I got mine in the shade FX10. The shade match I was impressed with considering I obviously bought this online and had no idea what shade I would be. This foundation is quite dry so for any of my dry skinned people out there, I would 100% avoid this one and try their other foundation. I have had slight drier patches on my face due to sunburn and it definitely was clinging to those a bit more. When I first put this foundation on, I’m not the biggest fan of how it looks but once I’ve applied all of my other make-up, I think my skin looks pretty good. It’s definitely full coverage and matte. I’ve worn it for probably a maximum of 6 hours in the day and it doesn’t budge really at all. 

I also purchased the Super Fixx Concealer. This concealer claims to be crease proof, life proof and full coverage. I got mine in the shade CX8.5 so it could be slightly lighter than my foundation. The doe foot applicator on this concealer literally looks like a foot, but it applies the product really well. Again, I would say this concealer is a little bit dry so I would use it quite sparingly, you definitely don’t need to use a lot of product in one go. 

The foundation and concealer both come in the same packaging and are in frosted glass bottles which makes it feel slightly more high end. They both have an extensive shade range too which is amazing. The foundation was £15 and the concealer was £10. They’re not my favourite foundation and concealers of all time but I definitely will use them and I’m interested to see how they work with other products from different brands. 


I also tried one of the XXREVOLUTION brow pencils. I got the Micro Brow Definer in the shade Warm Brown. The pencil is in a pink metallic packaging and has a spoolie at one end and the actual pencil at the other. The colour was great and I used this alongside my Revolution Beauty soap brow and they worked really well together. I definitely recommend the brow pencils, I think it worked really nice and had a good colour pay off. The Micro Brow Definer was £7 so really affordable too! 

The last thing I tried was the Pore Fixx Detoxifying Fixing Mist. The XXREVOLUTION brand released a variety of setting sprays but I was most drawn to this one because I’ve never heard of anything like this one before. It claims to detoxify the skin while holding make up in place. It claims to be mattifying and that it controls oil. The spray comes in a charcoal black bottle and I must admit, it has a weird smell. When you spray the spray, it has an almost cleaning product smell to it which is a bit odd. Forgetting the smell, the actual spray was nice and it definitely mattifies the skin. I’m not sure on the detoxifying aspect yet but I’m sure I’ll get more familiar with it the more I use it. The setting sprays from XXREVOLUTION are £10 each. 

My favourite products are 100% the Hydra Quench and Cloud Complexion primers, absolutely love those. I’m really intrigued by the other products that XXREVOLUTION have brought out and I really want to try some more so if you have any recommendations or anything you’d like me to try then please leave a comment down below. 

Thank you so much for reading. I’ll speak to you all soon. 
Love,
Han x 

Comments

Popular Posts