REVIEW OF BEAUTY BAY BRUSHES.... YAY OR NAY?

Hiyaaaaa! Today's blog post is going to be a little short and sweet one - it's a review on a set of brushes from Beauty Bay. If you didn't already know, Beauty Bay are a huge online beauty site that sells many different brands of make-up, skincare etc and not too long ago they released their own range of products. They have eyeshadow palettes, highlight palettes (which I reviewed one of a while back, feel free to read that too) and loads more stuff - including brushes. Their brush sets have intrigued me for a while and since I actually needed some new brushes I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to get some of Beauty Bay's brushes and see if they're any good.

(It's important to note that Beauty Bay sell single brushes aswell as the brush sets so if you're only after a specific brush then maybe just search for that.)

I did get a brush set though and the brush set that I bought was the Rose Gold Glam 18 piece brush set. This set cost me £39 and also came with a brush case to keep all of the brushes in. The case is black and rose gold and all of the brushes are aswell. I decided to go with this set because aesthetically I thought these looked the nicest and I really liked the fact it already came with a bit of storage space for the brushes.

Now onto the nitty gritty.... I've used these brushes pretty much since I got them about a week and a bit ago and so far they are working really well. I've found that there's pretty much every type of brush that I need to do my full face of make-up. My favourite brushes from the set so far have been the 'In The Buff' foundation brush, the 'Bake Off' angled powder brush and the 'Round the Blend' eye shadow blending brush. To be fair, I've not really found a serious fault with any of these brushes as of yet. Obviously, I've not washed them yet so I don't know if they shed after a wash or not but so far they seem great. They are super soft and when I used them for the very first time, it took a while for some of them to pick up some product because they were so soft but I find that with most new brushes I get and once I've used them and worn them in a bit - they're fine!

I think this set is really great and it's got such a good price tag aswell. 18 brushes for £39 which works out just over £2 a brush. Most half decent brush sets are £50 minimum and so far I think that these do just as good as a job as some of my Morphe brushes! And the fact that this set even comes with a case to keep the brushes in is so handy to travel with. The first weekend I had them, I took them to Manchester with me and the set was so easy to fit in my case!

All in all, I'm very impressed with these brushes and I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a decent set of brushes.

Follow me on Instagram - @hanmay__ & Twitter - @hanmay___





Comments

Post a Comment