REVIEW OF THE MOLLY-MAE FILTER TAN... IS IT PATCHY AND ORANGE OR WORTH THE MONEY?

Hello my loves!

First of all, I just want to say how sorry I am that there’s been no blog content since like February. I just got so busy with work and life and then this whole corona thing happened and even though I’ve definitely had a lot more time on my hands, it’s been so hard to like motivate myself and think of new things that I actually wanted to post. It’s so annoying because I was definitely on a roll this year with posting regularly but not to worry, hopefully I can keep up with the content from now on.

So this blog post is going to be slightly different than normal because it’s a false tan review. I am a regular false tan wearer and I usually apply it once a week or so. I know false tan is not everyone’s cup of tea but for me personally, it just makes me feel more confident because I am naturally a lot paler and I just don’t really think I suit being pale I guess.


Molly Mae who is an influencer and was on last years Love Island brought out her own fake tan last year and there was and still is so much hype around it. Molly always looks so gorgeous and her tan never looks fake or orange so I finally caved a couple of weeks ago and bought her tan to see what the hype was about.

You can purchase this tan in a variety of different shades and I bought the ‘Dark’ one. I originally wanted ‘Extra Dark’ but it was sold out and I’m quite glad that I just got ‘Dark’ for now. The tan is £20 a bottle which I think is expensive for tan but I’m just quite stingy when it comes to buying tan. I usually don’t like paying over £10 for a bottle, I’m not really sure why but that’s just me. Before using this, I usually use the Rimmel Instant Tan Mousse in Medium which is around £8 and I really like that tan.

So for Molly’s tan, the bottle comes in a tin container which I’ve not actually seen a bottle of tan come in before so that was a really nice extra touch. It comes in a white and nude packaging and the tan itself claims to be like a real life filter and is supposed to give you a long lasting natural looking tan.

I applied the tan last Saturday and left it on overnight to sleep in and then washed it off the next morning. I tanned my legs first and as you can see, there is a noticeable difference in colour of one leg to the one that isn’t fake tanned yet.

The tan doesn’t really have a smell to it which is good because I’m not a fan of false tan smells that are really strong. I was really impressed with the colour of the tan and even more so when I washed it off, I was definitely more of a golden colour and to me it didn’t look fake or patchy or orange.

By Wednesday, I definitely noticed that it started to go patchy on certain parts of my legs like the back of my knees but other than that it was fine and by that point I had the tan on for about 4 days. The rest of the tan obviously did just start to fade as I kept washing myself more by the end of the week.

Overall, I’m really impressed with this tan and could definitely see myself buying it again. Definitely more of a treat yourself moment for me tan wise but I would 100% recommend it.

You can also buy Molly Mae tanning mitss to go with your tan but I didn’t bother because I already own a couple of tanning mitts. It is always better to apply false tan with a mitt though for any first time tanners out there because it will stain your hands otherwise.

Molly Mae’s Filter tan is available on the Filter tanning website and Pretty Little Thing.

Speak to you all soon. I hope you are all well and keeping safe. Sending so much love, Han x

Comments

Popular Posts