REVIEW OF THE MORPHE 35I ICY FANTASY PALETTE... YAAAS OR NAH?

Hello my lovelies,

This weeks blog post is going to be a review of the new Morphe 35I Icy Fantasy eyeshadow palette. This is the newest eyeshadow palette release from Morphe, it is in their usual 35 pan style and I thought this would be a good one to voice my opinion on because I’ve seen some mixed reviews on it already.

First of all the packaging of this palette is probably one of the most gorgeous ones I’ve ever seen. The box & the actual palette itself is in a pastel hue style of purple, pink & mint green. When I first saw this in person, I was obsessed with how it looked. Honestly, it’s so much prettier in person!

Now this is a pastel eyeshadow palette. It’s not a brights palette. So if you’re expecting really vibrant, pigmented eyeshadows then this isn’t the palette for you and I’d suggest you get the 35B or the James Charles.

Pastels are harder to make and of course they’re more of just a wash of colour because they’re not intended to be as bright and they are naturally more muted.

Having said this, the shadows that I have used from the 35I have been able to build on top of each other quite well. It would be my go to ‘cute look’ palette, the colours are really ideal for spring I think. They’re obviously not as pigmented but they’re not meant to be. I think this palette is going to be amazing for beginners in make up or for those people who are really creative.

The first look that I have done with this palette, I used three shades out of the palette and then also used white liquid liner to add some more dimension to the eye look. There’s so many looks you can do with this palette that will be a lot more soft and pretty and you can get creative with it if you want to! The pastel P Louise bases go amazingly well with this palette too!

The look that I did was inspired by @taylorgrahammua and she’s done so many gorgeous looks with the 35I so definitely check out her Instagram for more inspiration!

The palette has a good range of matte to shimmer shades. Personally I think the negative reviews of this palette have been too harsh, I still think it’s absolutely gorgeous even though it’s not as in your face with pigment & you can achieve so many cute looks with this one. It’s really ideal for days where you don’t want a full on bright and colourful moment but still want to add a pop of something to your look.

For the sake of it only being £24 and Morphe always have discount codes to use, you can’t really go wrong can you?

The Morphe 35I palette is available on the Morphe website and in all Morphe stores.

Thanks for reading, feel free to follow me on Instagram @hanmay__

Speak to you all soon,
Love Han
X

Comments

Popular Posts