REVIEW OF THE JACLYN HILL COSMETICS HIGHLIGHT PALETTE.... WHATS THE TEA?

Hello again!!!!

Look at me coming at you with two blog posts in a week...... who am I? Hahahaha, anyway... this week’s bonus blog post is going to be a review of the Jaclyn Hill Cosmetics highlight palette.

 Jaclyn Hill is a YouTuber/Beauty Influencer and has had collaboration products with brands like Morphe & Becca before but last year she launched her own make up brand obviously named Jaclyn Hill Cosmetics. At first she launched a load of lipsticks but there was a load of controversy surrounding them and there were some issues with the lipsticks. I never tried any of them but there was quite a scandal about them and for a first launch of a brand that was quite bad.

Since all of that happened, I have been skeptical about trying some of her products. I’ve used the collaboration products she’s done with Morphe and Becca and they’ve been amazing but for her own brand, I’ve had my suspicions.

She’s now released a load of new highlighters including highlight powders, loose highlights and two different highlight palettes. The palette I’m going to be chatting about today is the ‘flash’ palette which is definitely the lightest of the two.

First of all, the packaging of all of her products is very sleek. It reminds me a lot of Becca’s packaging in terms of it is very minimalistic, quite plain and straight to the point but very classy and looks gorgeous. The box is white with silver writing on and the highlight palette itself is white with mirrored detailing on it. The palette also comes with a mirror which is handy for travel purposes.

In the Flash palette you get four highlights ‘Gleam’, ‘Iced’, ‘Sparks’ and ‘Mesmerized’. The shades ‘Gleam’ and ‘Sparks’ are more champagne/gold toned & the other two are a lot more rosy and pink. I’ve been obsessed with all of these shades to be honest. I’ve been using ‘Sparks’ and ‘Gleam’ to highlight my cheekbones, nose, brow bone etc and then I’ve been using ‘Iced’ & ‘Mesmerized’ as blush toppers to tie all of my face make up together.

I don’t really know what I was expecting from this palette but I’ve not stopped using it since I got it. The formula of these highlights are gorgeous. They’re very buildable so you can get quite a subtle highlight or build it up to be blinding. They’re not glittery at all and I think they suit my skin type quite well. I’m a bit oily so sometimes if I wear too much highlight, as the day goes on, I can look even more oily sometimes but I find that these highlights are perfect for not making me look sweaty if that makes sense.

The only thing is that these palettes are quite expensive. They are £58 which for highlighters is a bit of a joke but if you’re into your make up, it’s definitely going to be an investment piece and something that probably will last you a long time and be worth the investment.


I just want to quickly mention that I’ve also been using one of the brushes that Jaclyn has released with her highlight products. I’ve been using the JH02 brush to apply the highlight with and it’s done quite a good job packing on the product and it’s a really pretty, silver brush. Again, the brushes are quite expensive so just bare that in mind also and all the brushes she has released are synthetic.

I’m definitely pleasantly surprised with these products and I’m so tempted to try the loose highlights from Jaclyn because they also look stunning!!

Jaclyn Hill Cosmetics is available in all Morphe stores & obviously on Jaclyn Hill Cosmetics!

Thank you for reading, feel free to follow me on Instagram @hanmay__!
Speak to you all soon,
Love Han
X

Comments

Popular Posts