MY FAVOURITE MAKE-UP PRODUCTS OF 2019!

Hellooooooooo! Long time, no speak AGAIN! So sorry about that but I’ve been so super busy towards the end of the year with being at work and then obviously was really busy with family & friends at Christmas time so I just didn’t really have the time or content to post anything! So sorry but HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you all had a lovely festive season & are excited about 2020! I have so many good ideas and plans for this blog this year so keep your eyes peeled for more content coming! And also follow me on Instagram @hanmay__ because that’s where I post quite a few make up bits!!

So for my first post of the year I thought I would reflect back on the products that I absolutely adored in 2019! These are the stuff that I reach for on a daily basis and would 100% recommend to anyone.



BASE PRODUCTS!!!

So you may or may not know that in October of 2019 I got a job with Morphe which is super exciting so I’ve obviously tried so many more Morphe products since joining the team.

The first gem of a product that I’ve discovered and loved is the primer. Morphe have a few different foundation primers depending on your skin type etc, I use the ‘Equaliser’ primer because I tend to have quite oily skin nowadays. I really like this primer and have been using it everyday since I got it and have just purchased a new one. I find it really makes a difference to how my make up stays all day. I also really love the Morphe Fluidity foundation & concealer, they’re both really full coverage and I’ve had quite a few compliments on how my skin looks when I’ve been wearing them. I use the shade F2.60 in foundation & C1.55 in the concealer.

In terms of non  Morphe base products, I have really been loving the Urban Decay Stay Naked foundation & concealer too this year. If I’m not wearing the Morphe base products, it’s likely those ones. Again, I get complimented all the time when I’m wearing these, they have really nice coverage and don’t look heavy on the skin at all.

My favourite powder this year has got to be the Fenty Beauty Instant Retouch Setting Powder. Not only does this powder smell incredible, it does such a good job at setting my face. I do tend to prefer loose powders over pressed ones just with me having oilier skin and this one is amazing! I use the shade ‘Butter’ and I honestly cannot recommend it enough!

Now I’m a person who HAS to cream contour, I don’t know what it is about it but I just feel like my make up doesn’t look right without it. My favourite cream contour product this year has been the L’Oréal Infallible stick in Toffee and it’s the perfect toned shade for me to cream contour with, it’s so easy to blend and makes such a difference to my make-up! I am so sad though because apparently this product has been discontinued so if anyone has any other good recommendations for cream contour products for me then please let me know!!

My favourite powder contour product has been my Morphe 8L palette. This palette is a highlight & contour palette and it’s honestly a product in my kit that I cannot live without now! I use the shade Donut to powder over my cream contour and I just love it. I often use the highlighter shades in the palette too, especially the shade Lit because that one is more golden which is what I prefer. Morphe have another highlight & contour palette called the 8H which is a bit deeper than the 8L so if you’re a  deeper skin tone then that would be a dream for you!!!

Hands down this year my favourite bronzer has been my Kiko Milano Ocean Breeze bronzer in the shade Warm Honey. It smells like chocolate, is the perfect warm toned bronzer colour without being orange and just blends like a dream. Absolutely no contest there, it wins by a mile.

On a similar note, I’ve also really loved Kiko’s Ocean Breeze blushes this year. I’ve been so obsessed with blush this year, I wear so much of it now. I also love the Morphe 8W warm blush palette, that is such a gorgeous blush palette.

My favourite highlighter product this year is a one that is a fairly new addition in my life but I’ve used it every day since I bought it and I’m obsessed. It is the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Brainfreeze highlight palette. This is definitely for people who love a blinding highlight! My favourite everyday shade in the palette is Gold Breaker but I’m obsessed with them all!

EYESSSSS!!

For brows this year, I’ve loved the Morphe brow pencils! I’m deffo more of a pencil than a pomade kind of gal now! At the beginning of the year I was still using my ABH dipbrow pomade but I now think I suit a pencil look better! I use a mix of the shades Latte & Biscotti from the Morphe pencils! My favourite brow gel is currently the L’Oréal Brow Artist plumper & I get mine in the shade Blonde!!!

This year, I’ve discovered and understood the reason why everyone goes crazy over the P Louise base! This year, it’s the first year that I’ve tried it and it’s the only thing I use as an eye base now! I use the shade number 2 and I’ve now even started collecting the coloured bases!

My favourite eye shadow palette this year has been my James Charles  x Morphe palette. It’s been my most used palette over the past couple of months because if I don’t know what to do with my eyes, I just get that out because it literally has anything & everything you need!!! Some other Morphe palettes that I have loved this year have been the 39L & the 3503!!

I’ve also absolutely loved the Rachel Leary collaboration palettes with Revolution this year! I used mine so much this year, took them to Amsterdam with me & yeah, I think they’re absolutely fabulous too!!!

One thing I’ve been obsessed with the past couple of months have been the MMMMitchell X Beauty Bay glitter lines! Literally, every time I’ve worn them people have asked me about them because they’re so good! I use them as glitter liners and often use them in my inner corner to make them super glittery!!! They’re so nice and would definitely recommend them! I got the set of three and they were totally worth the money!

I don’t have a designated absolute favourite pair of eye lashes this year but I do really love the Morphe ones - my favourites being the Eye-traction ones! For Mascara, pretty much all I’ve used is the Benefit Bad Gal Bang!

If I’ve used eyeliner, it’s mostly been just eyeshadow that I’ve used to create the line! I need to get back into using actual liquid or pen liners!!

LIPSSSSS!

I have loved Morphe lip liners this year, my favourites are Coffee & Kissy, Bite Me & Sweet Tea! My favourite lipstick has been Morphe matte lipstick in the shade Honey. My favourite liquid lipstick has been Jeffree Star Cosmetics in the shade Christmas Cookie. My favourite lip gloss has been the Fenty Beauty Gloss bomb in the shade Fenty Glow!!! Yes, I know I’ve just listed a load of nude shades, I am a nude lip basic kind of girl.

I’ve also discovered a love for Jeffree Star lip scrubs this year, they’ve been really helping my dry lips in the colder months. I love the shade Blue Raspberry Sucker because it smells and tastes like a Tango Ice Blast!

But yeah, I think I’ve pretty much covered most things that I’ve absolutely loved this year! I can’t wait to discover some more amazing products in 2020! If there is anything that you’d like to see me review/test then please drop me a comment or a message!

One of my New Years resolutions this year is to be more active on this blog because I really do love doing it, I love writing & reviewing and chatting about make-up so hopefully there’s a lot more of all of that to come!!

Speak to you soon,
Love Han x



Comments

Popular Posts