FIRST IMPRESSIONS REVIEW OF THE ABH X AMREZY PALETTE

Hello my lovelies!!

This weeks blog post is going to be a review/first impressions of the new Anastasia Beverly Hills x Amrezy palette.

I did do an ABH review on one of the pigment palettes a few blogs posts ago so feel free to go back & give that a read!

Now this Amrezy palette is the newest release from ABH and I feel like ABH are very well known for their palettes. I remember when their Modern Renaissance palette was the biggest thing on the internet and it was sold out on every re-stock. I absolutely adored my Modern Renaissance, it was the only palette I used for at least a solid year, I hit pan on so many of the shades in it and it’s definitely an OG palette for me!

Since the Modern Renaissance hype, ABH have released so many more palettes. I don’t really own that many because some of them have just not really caught my attention colour scheme wise & also there’s been a lot of controversy surrounding certain palettes aka Subculture. I do own the Modern Renaissance which I love & I have the Soft Glam palette which is pretty decent too but I just don’t reach for that as much anymore.

But as soon as I seen the Amrezy palette, I knew immediately that I needed it in my life. I’ve never seen a more ‘me’ palette, the colour scheme is gorgeous and full of warm browns, pinks and that pop of blue just screams my name!! So even though I’m technically on a palette spending ban, I just knew I had to try this one!

In case you didn’t know, Amrezy is an influencer who has collaborated with ABH before on a highlighter which looked stunning and everyone who got their hands on that highlight had nothing but good things to say.

So let’s get to the juicy part!

The palette comes in a gorgeous baby pink box and the actual palette itself is pink & glittery. It has the Amrezy x Anastasia Beverly Hills logo across the front too in gold but it looks very nice and not over the top. This palette has 16 shades which is two more shades than a usual ABH eyeshadow palette has. The palette also comes with a brush which all ABH eye shadow palettes do.

I primed my lids with the P Louise base which I do every single time, it’s the only eye base I use. All of the shadows that I used in this palette blended like a dream! I was so skeptical about them because I’ve not bought just a normal ABH palette in so long and I was so worried they wouldn’t blend and it would be a waste of money but my worries soon went away.

So far I’ve used the shades New Yawker, OG, Semsa, 1988, Leo, Rezy & Anastasia. All of these shades worked really well for me. Leo & Rezy are two of the shimmer shades in the palette that I used on my lid and before applying these I used the black P Louise base to sort of cut my crease. The reason for this being because sometimes black bases can make shadows, particularly shimmers, pop that bit more. It’s the first time I’ve used this trick & I definitely noticed a bit more of a pop but nothing my usual P Louise base wouldn’t do really. I think I need to have more of a play around with the black base because for me that was quite intense using it for the first time.

But yes, this palette seems to be working really well for me so far! I have no complaints about it. The only thing I would mention is that when you go into the pans with your brush, you do get a bit of kickback with the shadows but that’s nothing new for ABH so for me that’s not really an issue.


I would definitely recommend this palette for anyone that’s interested in buying it. Obviously it’s not a necessity and ABH is a higher end brand but if you’ve got the money & are on the hunt for a new palette then I’d definitely go for this one if you’re into your warm tones!

This palette is available from the ABH website, Beauty Bay & Cult Beauty.

Thank you so much for reading this blog post. Feel free to follow me on Instagram @hanmay__

Speak to you all soon!
Love,
Han
X

Comments

Popular Posts