REVIEW OF BEAUTY BAY MAKE-UP FT. THE MMMMITCHELL PALETTE AND LIQUID EYE SHADOWS

Hello, long time no speak friends!


Sorry that I have been a bit MIA but I've got plenty of posts coming your way over the next few weeks! Today's post is going to be a review on some of Beauty Bay's new make-up releases, most importantly the MMMMITCHELL x Beauty Bay palette. Towards the end of this post aswell, I am going to be doing a little review on some of the Beauty Bay liquid eyeshadows so keep reading on for that!

So let's just get straight into it!

First of all, if you don't know who MMMMITCHELL is aka Mitchell, he's a very well known British make-up artist from Manchester. He's absolutely incredible at what he does and he has collabed with Beauty Bay to bring out a pressed pigment palette. When I first saw this palette, I just knew I had to have it, the colour scheme and idea of it all is just gorgeous and even though I probably don't need another eye shadow palette, I thought I'd get this one and make this one my last for a while.

The packaging 

The palette itself comes in a black box with the ME, MYSELF & MMMMITCHELL logo on the front and then when you open the box, there is the palette in all of her glory. The palette's packaging is very colourful and has various things on the front like palm trees, lips, records etc. When you open the palette, there is two sides with the shadows on and a detachable mirror inbetween which I think is so good and handy if you're wanting to travel with it. There are 32 eye shadows in the palette, one side as you can see by the photographs is very warm toned, orange and pink WHICH I LOVE and the other is a bit cooler with blues, purples and greens.


Just looking at this palette, I just know that you can do so many things with it. There are a lot of brown shades and neutrals for every day looks and then of course, you have your pops of colour to do something really creative! All of the shade names begin with the letter 'M' aswell which I think is a really nice touch.

Now a side note, I just wanted to quickly say and get out of the way. When I received my palette, I opened it and one of the shades, Melted, which is a shimmer shade is broken which I was a bit disappointed about. I don't know if I've just gotten a dodgy one or it just got broken when it was getting delivered to me but yeah so that happened. I did get in contact with Beauty Bay to let them know and they kindly gave me a 30% discount off the palette and they refunded me some of the money so I didn't pay full price for this palette. It's obviously a shame that this happened but it's only one shade, the shade is still in the palette, I'm just going to have to be a bit more careful when opening and closing the palette and I probably won't travel with it just incase. 

The shadows 

Anyway, back to how the shadows perform. Now, this is called a pressed pigment palette and not a standard eye shadow palette so these shadows are made differently so I was intrigued to see if they would stain my eye lids. The first look that I did, I used the shades 'Mist' which is a deep ocean blue, 'Myles High' which is a lilac, 'Morning Glory' which is a neon pink and 'Mr.H' which is a coral. All of these shades were extremely pigmented and I was very impressed, particuarly with the 'Myles High' shade, that's definitely the best lilac/purple I've ever used. I packed on 'Mist', 'Myles High' and 'Morning Glory' in each of the areas that I wanted them to be and then blended them out with the 'Mr.H' shade. These shades all worked really well for me and I didn't seem to have any problems with them. When I came to wipe my make-up off, I did notice that the blue slightly stained my eye but nothing a few washes of the face wouldn't solve so nothing too bad.

I created another look with this palette which was inspired by Kylie Jenner. I used the shades 'Miracle' and '$HMONEY' on the eye lid and the shades 'Morning Glory' and 'Milkshake' underneath the eye. Again, I had no problems with any of these shades and they all worked really well.

Overall, I would really recommend this palette if you're a collector of make-up or a make-up artist who has a lot of clients. It's a really good palette and definitely worth the money. The palette is £30 and available from Beauty Bay. I think it is out of stock at the moment, but should be coming back soon!

Liquid Eyeshadows! 

Just to quickly add on to this post, I also thought I'd do a quick review of the Beauty Bay Liquid Crystal Eyeshadows. These really intrigued me when they first came out a little while back because they reminded me so much of the Stila Liquid Eyeshadows. If you're not familar with the Stila Liquid Eyeshadows, they are basically glitter eyeshadows in liquid form. And now Beauty Bay have came out with their own version. I have tried the Stila ones and they were good but they were far too expensive for what they were so I was hoping that the Beauty Bay ones would give them some good competition. Spoiler: they have.


I got two of the liquid eyeshadows, one in the shade 'Opal' which is a shimmery lilac and the other in 'Precious Topaz' which is a bronzey colour. I've only tried the 'Opal' shade on the eye when I used the MMMITCHELL palette's blue and purple shades and it's so good, it doesn't crack on the eye and it has a good colour payoff. I've swatched both on my hand and they both are the same consistency so I'm assuming that they'll work the same.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone who loves make-up, they'd be great for beginners who are wanting to do cut creases because these make it so easy! The Beauty Bay ones are also only a fraction of the price of the Stila ones. The Stila ones are £24 each where the Beauty Bay ones are £6 each. I'd get them while you can if I was you!

Thanks for reading this blog post, I hope you enjoyed reading. Feel free to leave a comment down below or message me with any reviews or posts you'd like to see me do in the future.

Speak to you soon,

Han x













Comments

  1. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. carbon theory soap reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing the tips you can also check haute her beauty tips for skin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts