HIGH STREET VS. HIGH END: NEW REVOLUTION POWDER VS. FENTY BEAUTY POWDER... WHICH IS BETTER?

Hi guys, it's Han again!

Today's blog post is going to be a head to head review of two powders! I thought I'd make this a little series on my blog where I pick a high street product (something available from Superdrug, Boots etc) and compare it to a similar one that's a bit more expensive, to see whether one is better than the other! If you have any suggestions on products you'd like to see me compare and test, then feel free to comment down below or drop me a message.

But today, we are going to be comparing the new Revolution Loose Setting Powder with the Fenty Beauty Instant Retouch Setting Powder. Now, I know that you can get Fenty Beauty at Boots now, but it is still classed as a high end brand.

Before I get started, would just like to say that I love both of these make-up brands, they're two of my absolute favourites and I think they both come out with some really great products.

Now both of these powders are loose powders so I thought they would be good to test against each other. For reference, I used all of the same base products when using both of these powders in order to make it a fair test. I used the: Simple Kind to Skin Day Moisturiser, Revolution Pore Blur Primer, Mac Fix+ Spray, Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, Too Faced Multi Use Concealer and Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.

REVOLUTION BEAUTY
Now, let's start with Revolution Beauty. The Revolution Loose Setting Powder is part of their conceal and fix range, which I love. The powder comes in a round tub with a metallic pink lid. You get 13g of product and it only costs £8.

I got the shade 'Translucent' because the shade range wasn't as wide as the Fenty range so I just thought I'd go with translucent because that's a pretty universal shade and I knew it would work.

When using the product, I did find this one to be particularly messy, it went everywhere so just be wary of that! I applied this powder all over my face and baked underneath my eyes. When I went to remove the powder from under my eyes, I did see a little white cast that it left underneath my eyes so I had to quickly blend that out. The powder does claim to have no flashback, I've not actually tested this but I feel like flashback might be a bit of a problem if you didn't blend the powder properly on your face and get rid of any white casts.

In terms of staying power, I thought the powder lasted really well on my skin throughout the day and looked quite nice. (The first picture of me I'm wearing the Revolution powder.)

The application of this one was just a bit too messy for me. I didn't like the fact that I had to continue blending it under my eyes to get rid of a white cast but overall, I'd give it a 7.5/10!


FENTY BEAUTY

The Fenty Beauty powder is in a more luxurious feeling box and has a transparent lid. It is £24 which is three times the amount of the Revolution one but you do get 28g of product, which is 15g more than Revolution so it's going to last you longer.

This powder definitely applied really well on my face and gave a really nice smoothing effect which I obviously really loved. I kept checking my make-up throughout the day and it did stay on my face really well and, as far as I'm aware, I have not experienced any flash back with this powder as I used this one on a night out and didn't have any flashback in photos.

The Fenty powder does come in a wide range of different shades and I got mine in the shade 'Butter' incase anyone was wondering what shade I use. This powder I would give a 9/10, definitely a new favourite of mine, I really liked the application and the staying power!


(Second picture of me, I'm wearing the Fenty Beauty powder).

FINAL THOUGHTS

Overall, I really like both of these powders and would recommend purchasing either, depending on your preferences and what you like to spend on make-up. If I had to pick one, it probably would be the Fenty Beauty one just based on the fact it had easier application and I didn't have to blend it under my eyes as much. But for £8 from Revolution Beauty, you really can't go wrong with what they have to offer and I will still use their powder. 

The Revolution Beauty powder is available from their website and Superdrug. 

The Fenty Beauty powder is available from Boots and Harvey Nichols.

Speak to you all soon,
Han X

Comments

Popular Posts