REVIEW OF THE NEW URBAN DECAY STAY NAKED FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER.. YAY OR NAY?

Hi, it's Han again!

Just going to jump straight in! Today's blog post is going to be on the brand new Urban Decay Stay Naked Foundation and Concealer. This foundation and concealer is the newest release from Urban Decay and as soon as I seen it on social media, I knew I had to try it!


I've never tried an Urban Decay foundation before but I've heard pretty good things. However, I have tried the original Urban Decay Naked concealer but this was a couple of years ago now. I do remember really liking that concealer and I think the only reason I didn't repurchase it was because a lot more concealers from different brands came out and I was trying different things.

One of my favourite things about this foundation/concealer launch is that there is 50 shades! That is so amazing, pretty much anyone will be able to find their perfect shade. The shades range from cool to neutral to warm and even have different undertones. I got my foundation in the shade 41NN and the concealer in the shade 30NN, and the NN means neutral tone and neutral undertones. For example if you picked up the shade 50 WY, the W would mean warm tone and the Y would be yellow undertone. If you go on the Urban Decay website, it explains all the details on all of the different shades so you can find a good match for you.

FYI: The foundation and concealer are both vegan!


First of all, I really love the simplistic packaging of both the Stay Naked foundation and concealer. They both come in a white and a stone coloured box. When you open them up, you will see that they both come with a gold reflective lid on top. The foundation has a pump and the concealer has a really nice doefoot wand applicator which fits under the eye really well. 


Stay Naked Foundation

Okay, so this foundation claims to be medium coverage and it's a real skin matte finish. It says on the box aswell that it lasts up to a 24 hour wear. I mean I don't know anyone who wears make-up for a whole 24 hours, but in my mind hopefully that mean't it would last for at least a good 12 hours.

I've worn the foundation a couple of times now and I've got to say I'm so impressed. I really love the finish of it on my skin. Even though it's more on the matte side, it's not dry at all and it's easy to blend. I do have normal/combination skin, I get really oily in the t zone sometimes, especially after a long, warm day. When I wore this foundation the other day, I wore it for work and I was doing a 7 hour shift. I put the make-up on about an hour and a half before the shift started and had the make-up on until about 3 hours after it ended. So that was almost 12 hours I had that on and I checked my make-up before I took it off and the foundation lasted SO well. My forehead was a tiny bit shiny but nothing a quick powder wouldn't fix. My face definitely wasn't as shiny as it is with some other foundations. I really really like this foundation, it's not heavy on the skin at all. I would definitely agree with the fact that it claims to be medium coverage but I quite like that because it doesn't look as heavy. (At the end of this post, there is a photo of me wearing the foundation and concealer and omg I'm obsessed with how my skin looks, it actually looks smooth and good for once.) 


Stay Naked Concealer 

On to the concealer..... the concealer claims to be a buildable full coverage which corrects the look of imperfections. And guess what? I love this product too! The Stay Naked Concealer is so easy to blend and has a really good coverage and it is true, it's buildable! I got my concealer quite a few shades lighter than my foundation so that I could have a really bright under eye, and it worked like a dream! I've worn the concealer on the same occasions where I've worn the foundation and they go really well together. 

Both the foundation and concealer claim to be waterproof but I can't say I've really tested that claim yet but I'll let you know some point in the future I suppose! 





Final thoughts

I love both of these products and I would even go as far to say they are some of my new cult faves! I would recommend this to anyone, especially those with really oily skin. Obviously, Urban Decay is more of a high end brand so these are not the cheapest products on the market. The Urban Decay Stay Naked foundation is £29 and the Stay Naked concealer is £20. I do think they are worth their price tag though. 

The Stay Naked foundation and concealer are available from Feel Unique, Debenhams and the Urban Decay website. 

Thanks for reading, it means a lot! 

Speak to yas soon, X

Comments

Popular Posts