REVIEW OF THE TOO FACED BORN THIS WAY MULTI-USE COMPLEXION POWDER... IS IT ANY GOOD?

Hi, it's Han again! Hope you're well!

Today's review, as you can probably tell as you've clicked on it, is going to be on the new Too Faced Born This Way Multi-Use Complexion Powder.

Now for me, Too Faced is probably one of my favourite make-up brands, particularly their face products. The Too Faced Hangover Primer is my holy grail primer and the Born This Way foundation and concealer are staple products to have in my kit, so when I saw this new powder I instantly knew I had to try it.


They do also already sell a transculent setting powder in the Born This Way range, which I have also tried and I do love that one however I have noticed it can sometimes have a little bit of flashback so I tend to only use that on days where I know I wouldn't be taking any photos.

This new Multi-Use complexion powder claims to be oil free, 'photo friendly' and also blur your pores and set your make up for up to 12 hours.

The product comes in the same baby pink with black and gold detailing packaging as the rest of the Born This Way product range does, which I really like that as a cohesive theme.

It also comes with one of those little sponge things underneath where the powder component is, which let's be honest no one ever uses.

So the powder comes in 25 shades and I got the shade Golden Beige just because that is the shade of the Born This Way foundation that I get so I thought it would be a good match.

The powder is £29 so obviously not on the cheap side, but Too Faced is definitely more on the high end side of make-up anyway so that price point is expected.

I've used the powder about 4 or 5 times now and for me, it's worked really well. It's been really warm weather recently so a perfect time to test out a new powder. The longest day that I wore this powder was on a day where I was out for my friends birthday, we were out for 12 hours and I thought the powder worked as well as it could. Obviously as the day went on and the warmer it got etc I could see my forehead get a bit shiny, but I think that was more due to the weather/my skin. For reference, I have combination skin and I do get a bit oily in the t zone.

As for the photo friendly aspect of what the powder claims to be, I do think it is photo friendly. I didn't really notice any flashback or casts on my face or anything like that. The powder didn't feel or look cakey on my face, it did add a tiny bit of coverage to my face and I guess did a good job of blurring any pores.

Overall, I do really like this powder and will continue to use it on a day to day basis. The powder is available from Cult Beauty and the Too Faced website.

Comments

Popular Posts