FIRST IMPRESSIONS REVIEW OF THE JEFFREE STAR JAWBREAKER PALETTE & LIPGLOSS.

Hi, How Are Ya?

I could not NOT start this blog post like that, if you know you know. Today's blog post is going to be a first impressions review of the brand new Jeffree Star Jawbreaker eye shadow palette.... and one of his newish lipglosses but we'll get to that nearer the end.

The main focus today is the Jawbreaker eye shadow palette which is part of his brand new Summer 2019 collection. He did release more products in this range but this was one of the only ones that really caught my eye and I just thought 'I NEED THAT'. If you didn't know, Jeffree Star is an American beauty YouTuber/Influencer with over 15 million subscribers and he launched his own cosmetics brand a few years back. I've had the odd one of his products before, I have a few of his liquid lipsticks and I've tried a skin frost highlighter before, which I have been really impressed by. This is the first eye shadow palette of his that I have tried out and wanted to invest in. His palettes are of the high end price point range, this Jawbreaker one being £54, so it's not something I've just bought on a whim. This is definitely now the most expensive palette I own so here's hoping it's worth every penny.

Firstly, the packaging is GORGEOUS. I love the Jawbreaker candy looking white box and then the same print but in pink for the actual palette. The palette comes with a huge mirror so brilliant for travelling, I always prefer a palette to have a mirror.

Now when you first look at the palette, you immediately just see colour. This is definitely classed as a rainbow palette and something I don't usually go for but I think it's time I tried stuff out of my comfort zone and push myself with my make-up skills. You can definitely achieve everyday looks with the shades 'Tasty', 'Good Morning' and 'Cone' which I love.

I wanted to put this palette straight to the test, jump right in the deep and create a colourful pride inspired look. I've never done something like this before, I usually stick to a warm, neutral eye to be honest but I'm trying to change things up and experiment a bit more. For reference, I did prime my eye lids with the P Louise base. The shades that I used for my right eye were 'Wow', 'Suck', 'Fuck' and 'Bubblegum'. The shades that I used for my left eye were 'Cute', 'Brain Freeze', 'Sour' and 'Soaked'. I used these shades in order to create like a rainbow flag kind of look on my eyes and I was really impressed with the formula. I rarely use blue and green eye shadows but these blended so well. I had a feeling the pinks and oranges would be good just because I have heard the Jeffree Star formula is good and obviously warm tones are a lot easier to formulate and work with anyway.

I have not yet used any of the shimmer shades yet but I am looking forward to doing so, I've seen many people's swatches online already and they look great. So far, I'm really impressed with this palette and I can see myself using it a lot, especially over the summer months. Obviously, it's also important to note that this is an eyeshadow/pressed pigment palette, some of these colours are pressed pigments rather than eye shadows so if you have really sensitive eyes then just be wary incase anything stains your eyelids. The pink shade 'Bubblegum' has stained one of my eye lids ever so slighly but nothing that won't go away after a little while and can be covered with make-up in the meantime!

It is a pricey palette but I do think if you're a freelance make-up artist or are just really into your make-up and building your collection like I am, I think it's worth it. Jawbreaker eye shadow palette - 10/10 Hannah May APPROVED!

Now while we are on the subject of Jeffree Star, I thought I'd also review one of his lipglosses. Jeffree released a range of lipglosses around a month or so ago and I have one to try so I just thought I'd hop on and give my thoughts. The packaging of the gloss - it comes in a pink box, very on brand for Jeffree Star. The bottle of the gloss seem very 'royal' with a gold pointy tip if that makes sense. Now I have the shade 'Legends Only' which is a pinky nude lip gloss. It goes on really smooth and doesn't really leave my lips feeling sticky. It is £19 which I do think is quite pricey for a lipgloss and there are cheaper lipglosses out there that do the same job but if you've got the money to spend then feel free to do so because I've not had a problem with this gloss at all so far and I do think it's a good one.



All of Jeffree Star's products are available on Beauty Bay. 

Comments

Popular Posts