FIRST IMPRESSIONS REVIEW OF RACHEL LEARY X REVOLUTION PALETTES

Hi everyone!

Today's post is all about the brand new Rachel Leary x Revolution Face and Shadow palettes! I'm very excited about this one because Rachel Leary is someone I've watched on YouTube for quite a while now. I love her make-up videos and I love the Revolution beauty brand so when I saw that she was coming out with these palettes, I just had to get them.

There are two palettes that she has released with Revolution (of course I just couldn't get one). The first one is called the Goddess On The Go palette, it is an average palette size for Revolution, designed perfectly to travel with and this one costs £10. The other palette is the Ultimate Goddess palette and this one is HUGE! This one is £15 but obviously is a lot bigger so you're getting a lot more product. The Ultimate Goddess palette has 16 eyeshadow shades and 9 face shades compared to the Goddess On The Go which has 4 face shades and 9 eyeshadows.

Packaging and 'the look' of the palettes. 

I love the packaging of both palettes, both bring such summer vibes. The Goddess On The Go palette is in a lovely coral colour and the Ultimate Goddess is in a like a minty baby blue colour, so gorgeous! On the front of both palettes, they obviously have Rachel's name on in a metallic gold. One of my favourite touches for both palettes is that they both have mirrors inside which is so handy when you're doing your make-up, especially on the go and you're not having to worry about carrying seperate mirrors. When you open both palettes, you see all the shades displayed with their names underneath which I love as I love seeing what people name eyeshadows etc.


The formula...... do the palettes perform well?

I've only used both palettes twice and I used them both together just to get a good feel for both palettes and to see if there was difference in performance or not. It's safe to say I love both of these palettes. The eyeshadows and in particular the mattes, are great and blend really well. To be honest I've never had an issue with Make Up Revolution shadows before, I have the Soph Extra Spice palettes etc and the brand have always performed quite well for me.

However I've never really used bronzers, blushes or highlights from Revolution before so I was intrigued that these palettes were also for the face and contained blushes, bronzers and highlights etc and for me these performed really great aswell. I'm not usually one for a shimmery bronzer but Rachel loves these and put one in the Goddess On The Go palette. I used it on top of the matte bronzer that I used and I really liked the look of it. The shade 'Bronde' from the Ultimate Goddess palette is also such a great contour colour, I used it for my cheeks and my nose. Get It Poppin' is the highlight shade that I used which is in the Goddess On The Go palette and even though I'm quite picky with highlights, I really liked this one and it was the perfect champagne colour that I like.

Now I've obviously not used every single shade in both palettes yet but from what I have used, I've loved. Rachel is very well known for a warm toned, bronzey look which is kind of also what I go for on a day to day basis. Warm toned eye shadows are something I know suits me so that's what I first wanted to try from these palettes.

What I used

For the eyes - Peach, Please!, Straight Fire and Pucker Up! from the Goddess On The Go palette and Passionfruit Martini and Tan-tastic from the Ultimate Goddess palette.

For the face - Indulge, Bronde, Perfect Peach from the Ultimate Goddess palette and Get It Poppin' and Golden Hour from the Goddess On The Go palette.


Final thoughts?!

10/10 recommend these palettes to anyone and everyone. They're great palettes, super easy and versatile to work with and have a great price point aswell so you can't really complain. The palettes are available at Superdrug, Beauty Bay and the Revolution Beauty website.

Comments

Popular Posts