FIRST IMPRESSIONS REVIEW OF BEAUTY BAY HIGHLIGHTER PALETTE

Hiya! Sorry (again) for not posting in a while but I've just really been struggling with ideas on what to post but not to worry hopefully the idea drought is over and there will be many more posts to come in the near future.


Today I am writing about my first impressions of the Beauty Bay 'Brilliance' Highlighter palette. This is a product I've been wanting for a while and have heard such good things about but it's always been out of stock every time I've been on the Beauty Bay site. However, a couple of weeks ago I saw that it was back in stock and decided to go for it and make the purchase.... and lets just say I'm SO glad that I did.

Firstly, I really love the packaging of the product. It's in a really nice pale rose gold colour which I think is so pretty and it just says 'living my best light' on the front which is such a cute little saying. Then when you open it, the inside of the palette is white and has the four shade names displayed under each one.

Also on the inside of the palette there is a big mirror which I love, so it will be handy for travelling and holidays etc. It's also a cruelty free cosmetic product which is obviously a bonus and it's vegan too which is great for anyone who's vegan.

The 'Brilliance' palette is one of four highlighter palettes from the Beauty Bay make-up brand I believe. I went for this one because I just thought the colours were more suited for what kind of highlighter I like. The other highlighter palettes have different colour schemes, some very dark and bronzed, others being quite quirky with lilacs etc in, so it all depends on what colour highlight you like as I'm assuming all of their palettes are the same formula.  



The 'Brilliance' palette has four shades..... Strobe, Charmed, Radiant and Shine Bright. Strobe is a very pale icy colour. Charmed is a light golden tone whereas Radiant is a deeper bronze. Shine Bright is quiet pink toned so there's definitely a good range of shades which fit a lot of looks and styles. 

Now I'm just going to cut to the chase, I love this palette. The highlights are such a nice formula, they apply really well and they build to be REALLY blinding. 

The two that I have mainly used are Strobe and Charmed. I use Strobe for the brow bone and inner corner of the eye because I like a really bright highlight for those areas. I then use Charmed for the cheekbones because I prefer a golden toned highlight for my face. 

My favourite highlighter that I usually use 24/7 is my Make Up Forever Pro Light Fusion in 2 and I'm not going to lie, this Beauty Bay palette is a pretty good rival for it. There is a bit of kickback when you first put your brush in the pan but nothing too dramatic. The formula isn't too glittery or chunky and for me, they apply well to my skin. 

The best thing about this palette is the fact it's only £12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like, I own some Anastasia Beverly Hills highlight palettes which are similar in terms of they have four shades etc and they cost around £39..... the Beauty Bay one is £12 and in my opinion they are much better.


Even if you don't like a really intense highlighter, the formula of these highlights are very buildable so if you wanted something a bit softer, you could definitely achieve that by just going in with a less dense brush or patting your face with a beauty blender to soften it out.


Just for reference, for highlighter I use a Morphe Y19 brush!

All in all, I love this palette. It's my first purchase from Beauty Bay's make-up line and I'm already looking into buying more. I really want to try their eyeshadows and brushes so maybe keep your eyes peeled for a review on some of those soon!


Other products used in the photo of me:

- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
- Morphe 35b eyeshadow palette
- Maybelline Super Stay Foundation
 - Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer
- Ardell Lashes
- Too Faced Natural Face palette
- Nyx Suede Lip Liner
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Naked
- Loreal Cream Lipgloss






Comments

Popular Posts