When In Rome......

Hiyaaaaaaa, long time no speak! Apologies on not posting in a while, February went by so quick and I had so much going on, I feel like the month was over before it even properly started!

So incase you didn't see my a million photos a day.... I went to Rome! I went to Rome with my boyfriend on the 15th February for the weekend and it was incredible. It was both our first time in Italy and I loved every second of it. And because I loved it so much, I thought I'd go on about it a bit more. So here's a blog post about the outfits I wore over the weekend and a little bit more detail about the trip itself.....

Outfits


Outfit number 1 -
Denim dress - missguided




















Outfit number 2 -
Top - InTheStyle
Belt - missguided
Trousers - prettylittlething




















Outfit 3 -
Dress - missguided






















The trip 

The trip was amazing. Weather wise, we couldn't ask for anything more! I was quite skeptical on what clothes to take considering it was February and still Winter. We were lucky with the weather and it was about 16 degrees every day and really sunny so it definitely didn't feel like Winter.

We stayed at the Des Artistes hotel which is pretty central to Rome. It was just around the corner from Roma Termini which is how we got to/from Rome Fiumicino Airport. The journey from the airport to the termini was about half an hour/40 minutes long on the Leonardo Express train and cost 14 euro each which was a lot cheaper than what a taxi would have been. Then our hotel was like a 5/10 minute walk away. The hotel was really nice, staff were really great and I'd recommend it if you were looking for a hotel in central Rome.

One thing I was excited for was the food. Sounds a bit weird to be excited about food but when you're going to the Italian capital, you're going to want some really good Italian food. We ate at some really nice restaurants all over central Rome. Me being stupid me, I can't remember the names of the restaurants we went to over the course of the weekend, but it is Rome and you'll probably find nice food on every corner. My favourite restaurant was the one we went to which was opposite the Colosseum. The food there was amazing and to top it off, having a view of the Colosseum while eating your lunch is not something you do every day.

The sightseeing was obviously the main part of the holiday. We got told in advance it was better to pre book a lot of things to avoid queues and more expense which is what we did for the Colosseum/Roman Forum. We pre booked that on https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/ and it was about £17 each which wasn't bad at all considering we were booking to see one of the seven wonders of the world! The Colosseum is just as unreal as you would think it was, of course a holiday highlight.

Sights like the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, you obviously didn't have to pay for or anything. The Trevi Fountain was one of my favourite things of the whole of Rome. It literally felt like a movie set and of course, I threw a coin into the fountain and made my wish... and pretended to be a bit like Lizzie McGuire for the day.

We did walk up to Vatican City, it was the other side of Rome for us though so it was quite a trek and when we got there, it was quite late on in the day and the queues were massive so we didn't actually get to go in which is sad but hopefully an opportunity to go to Rome pops up again in the future so can actually go inside.

Overall, I would say Rome is the perfect city break. I couldn't recommend it enough, the people were so nice, the food was obviously amazing and the city is everything you expect it to be but also everything you don't expect it to be at the same time. It's my favourite place I've been so far and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone on the hunt for a good city break. So if you're reading this and wanting to go to Rome then do it.... I'll even come with you.


(For more photos, just go to my Instagram/Facebook page) 

Comments

Popular Posts