Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi Sculpting Concealer Review - Is it as good as Tarte Shape Tape?

The Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi Sculpting Concealer is the newest concealer the brand Too Faced has released. I personally don't know many people in my life who have tried it, but online I have seen a couple of people compare it to the Tarte Shape Tape concealer, which unless you have been living under a rock (or simply just don't care about make-up), is the most popular concealer worldwide and it's very well known for being super full coverage.

Seeing people compare this new Too Faced concealer to the Shape Tape, I was intrigued. This being because I have tried the Shape Tape and I love it just as much as everyone else does. The downside is that being from the UK, the Shape Tape is extremely difficult to get hold of if you don't want to constantly pay ridiculous shipping fees from the US. So I decided to give the new Born This Way concealer a try....

First of all, for any of you who are not familiar with the Too Faced brand, Too Faced is a very popular cosmetics company based in the US. 

Having been a fan of the original Born This Way collection by Too Faced already, aka the foundation, 'naturally radiant concealer' and powder, I was really excited about the newer concealer because it does claim to be super full coverage, which is something that the naturally radiant concealer from the range was missing.



First of all lets talk about the packaging/bottle...

As you can see from the pics, the Super Coverage concealer is in the same pink box packaging with black and gold detailing as the rest of the Born This Way collection and I really like that this whole collection has that cohesive theme.

The bottle is really massive in comparison to other concealers, e.g. the Tarte Shape Tape (right), which is definitely a plus for Too Faced. With the bottle being so big and containing so much product, it proves good value for money as this concealer is £24 so even though it is a bit pricey, I can see it lasting a long time which is great.

The concealer doefoot is really big, very comparable to the Tarte Shape Tape and I'm quite a fan of the big doefoot applicator as I find it easier to use. 




Now for the interesting part, what is the concealer actually like? 

For me, it's all about full coverage concealer. I'm one of those girls that needs to hiiiiiiide those under eye bags, you best believe I need to hide the fact that I don't get enough sleep!

The Too Faced concealer claims to be super full coverage so I wanted to put it to the test and I can confirm it does give great coverage. I wouldn't say it's as full as the Tarte Shape Tape but it's definitely closer than any other concealer I've tried, so if you're looking for something a bit more full coverage, I would definitely give this a go.

It's very creamy and easy to blend, it doesn't feel too thick when I apply it which is good because I never want to look 'cakey'. I usually just apply it under my eyes, a little bit on the chin, bridge of my nose and a little bit on my forehead if I have any blemishes or problematic spots that just don't want to budge.

As far as I can tell so far, it does not have any flashback which is great. Here is a picture of me (right), unedited with just the flash on and as you can see, there is no flashback. I used it with the Born This Way powder under my eyes. For reference, I use the concealer in the shade 'Nude'.

I've seen a few people on Instagram and YouTube also try the concealer as a cream contour, using the darker shades to chisel those cheekbones. I have not tried that because the concealer is a bit pricey and I did not want to pay for two if the formula wasn't good. However, I am now tempted to buy a darker shade to try it as a cream contour because the concealer formula is really nice and easy to blend so I can't see it being a problem for cream contouring!

Final verdict? Yay or Nay?

Overall, I would say it's a great concealer with great coverage. It's probably my favourite concealer at the moment, I'm constantly reaching for it. 

The Tarte Shape Tape that I own is now too light for me, so if it wasn't, I would still probably reach for that one because it is ever so slightly more full coverage. Even still, I would probably just chop and change between the Shape Tape and the Born This Way.

For the basis that the Too Faced concealer is a lot easier for people in the UK to get hold of than the Shape Tape, I would prefer this one. It is £24, which again, is on the steep side for concealer but when I purchased mine, I had a 15% discount code with Cult Beauty so I was able to get it cheaper.

The Too Faced Super Coverage Multi Sculpting Concealer is available on Cult BeautySelfridges and Debenhams in the UK so if you're looking to get your hands on it, then those are the places to go. Plus, with Black Friday coming up and Christmas, many of these websites keep having sales on their beauty products so definitely keep your eyes peeled!


 So if you're in to your make-up and want to try a full coverage concealer that you haven't before or maybe want to treat yourself to your first high end concealer then I would definitely recommend the Too Faced Super Coverage Concealer! 


Follow me on Instagram - @hanmay__

Comments

Popular Posts